- The published data from surgeons experienced with da Vinci robotic prostate removal show that negative margin rates are equal to, and in some reports better than, that of traditional open surgery.
- There is less blood loss than traditional open surgery and rarely need for blood transfusion
- There is less pain after da Vinci surgery (many patients do not require any pain medication)
- Patients typically require a short hospital stay
- Patients are back to daily activities in a matter of days
- Urinary control often begins to return as soon as a weeks after surgery
- The abdominal scar is minimized giving an improved cosmetic result